Monday, June 20, 2011

Trellising and More

Today was a busy day, both in the garden and out in the real world - harvesting, storing, trellising in my own garden and a little landscaping work for a new friend.  Around noon, I came home to trellis the sun gold cherry tomato plants in the yard here at the house



Then I harvested the remaining over grown arugula from the community garden plot, washed it and blended it with garlic scapes , olive oil, walnuts and grated Parmesan cheese to make a pesto.  I had it over pasta tonight for a quick dinner and it was amazing!



There was also some basil pesto making and freezing and oh yeah......blueberry freezer jam.  I am a bit worried about the jam.  I used frozen berries from last year and the recipe called for nearly an entire bag of sugar for 12 - 8 ounce jars.  Hell a lot of sugar!  So we will see.  

Tomorrow - seeding some herbs for the greenhouse!

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to build a trellis for my beans- something like an a frame and then put my romaine underneath. ... Next year.

    ReplyDelete