Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Update - July 6th

Blogs with pictures are so much cooler than random writings.  Unfortunately - it's late and I can not find the cord that connects my camera to my computer, so we'll just have to do without tonight. 

It's been a busy couple of weeks!  The garden has done a ton of growing, there's been some recent visits to some pick your own berry/cherry farms, some veggie deliveries from my sweetie that needed eating and preserving, weeding, and jam making!  All very exciting, time consuming, amazing things. 

I am now harvesting peas from the garden across the street - oh and carrots and zucchini as well!  I feel like my personal plot there is in full production mode.  I can head over nearly any evening of the week and pick at least a couple of things to have for dinner - kale, collards, lettuce, onions, herbs......

and basically the same here at the house - tat soi, arugula, scallions, basil, cilantro, beets, radish and SNAP BEANS!!!

Tonight I spent an hour or so mowing the community garden in preparation for the tent raising tomorrow - I am totally stoked to get that done, as it will provide some nice shade for picnic Sunday's or just taking a small break during hot summer days at work.  I also mulched the food bank plot with bark mulch that the community garden purchased for all the plots.  It looks great and I am hoping it helps to maintain the edges and keep the grass from taking it over. 

Other than that - there is not much to report...

wish I had my pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment